I’m pleased to announce that I’ve been busy writing an ebook for MuseScore beginners which is due for release in a couple of weeks’ time.
The ebook - titled MuseScore: The Essential Beginner’s Guide (by Katie Wardrobe) - will be available to purchase as a digital download straight to your computer.
The book contains two major projects that you will work through step by step, and along the way you’ll learn all the essential skills to notate your own scores. There are lots of images and links to online videos and further resources.
Here’s a sample of what’s in store:
- Create your first score in an hour – a simple lead sheet
- Learn about effective note entry techniques
- Use a MIDI keyboard
- Tips for playback
- How to fix mistakes
- Quick copy and paste
- Transpose your score
- Create a score for a pop group: vocals, piano, guitar and bass
- How to enter triplets, lyrics, metronome marks, dynamics an slurs
- Build chords for piano and guitar parts
- Enter chord symbols
- Print instrumental parts
- Make your own backing tracks and rehearsal CDs
- Synchronize your score with a Youtube video
- Publish your scores online
- And more
Plus, you’ll learn the big secret to understanding notation programs!
Special Pre-launch Price
Once it’s released, subscribers to the MuseScoreTips mailing list will be able to purchase MuseScore: The Essential Beginner’s Guide ebook at a special pre-launch price (more than 30% off the regular price).
If you’re not already on the mailing list, join now and be the first to know when the book is available (and you’ll receive a bonus free MuseScore shortcuts guide):